Among the most popular parts of the world to visit, Europe definitely tops the list. With the countries full of rich culture and traditions like Rome, Greece, Athens and Lisbon, while culinary feats on the corner of Paris, London, Germany, Europe has it all to make the vacation the most memorable one. While there are some of the best cities to visit in Europe as offered in the most Europe tour packages, sometimes the most beautiful experiences are often found in unexplored places that most people do not visit. Let us take a look at some of the best destinations you should explore in Europe.
- Poland – When it comes to experience the rich culture of any country in Europe, Poland offers a lot to its visitors. Survivor in World War II, Poland is full of museums to visit to learn the history of this beautiful country. Warsaw, the capital of Poland is considered one of the most popular holiday destinations in Europe. You can also go for the Hop on Hop off tours in Warsaw to experience the best of it. Krakow is another city in Poland which is worth visiting. A scenic rail journey from Warsaw will take you to Krakow in no time. Explore the Wawel castle and Rynek Glowny in Krakow to witness the architectural marvel.
- Czech Republic – Though Czech is usually not among the top attractions in Europe, Prague, the capital of the country is one of the best European cities to visit. With the large cultural blend of old age castles, small towns lost in time and people who are super welcoming and friendly. Prague is much popular for the chocolate factories. Do not forget to visit one of those. Also, if you want to escape the modernism of the city, visit the Cesky Krumlov town to enjoy the green landscapes and end your day aboard the vlatav cruise.
- Austria - Austria is among the popular destinations to visit in Europe. With the mountain villages, baroque architecture, imperial history and alpine terrain, Austria offers a lot to its visitors. Vienna, the capital of Austria is a very lively city that has a lot to offer to tourists. Visit the city to enjoy the slow-paced life around. Do not forget to end your day with the evening tour of Schonbrunn Palace along with concert and dinner.
- Hungary – One of the most beautiful countries of central Europe, Hungary is a perfect blend of modernism mixed with culture. Budapest, the capital of Hungary is a city to offer the remains of bygone culture and times at the hillside town of Buda on the one side, while pest has the some of the liveliest nightlife. Do not forget to visit the Charles Bridge which connects the two parts of the city of Budapest. Also, Parliament building here is another architectural marvel you must visit.
- Scotland - Although Scotland has a lot to offer when it comes to ancient culture and architecture, one of the must things to do in Europe should be to visit the Hebrides Islands in Scotland. Taking a ferry ride from the Isle of Skye, you will reach the Outer Hebrides which is said to be one of Europe’s last natural habits. The full collection of Islands is worth seeing and experiencing the Celtic history, culture and charm. Do not forget to visit the largest Island of all here, which are the Island of Lewis, Harris, North and South Uist.
- Greece – Greece ranks among the top countries when it comes to the rich history of bygone past. Considered as the country’s second city, visit the Thessaloniki to experience a different side of Greece altogether. You can wander through the ancient ruins of Romans, The Byzantines, and the Ottomans to understand the history. The whole city has got a modern liveliness to it. The Valaoritou street here is pretty famous for nightlife and cocktail bars where you can enjoy the evening with some live music. Also, the beaches here are less crowded which makes it a must visit for someone who is looking for a perfect combination of beauty and solitude.
- Serbia - Serbia is certainly among the less popular destinations to visit in Europe. Not a lot of companies offer Serbia in their Europe tour packages. But, the capital of Serbia, Belgrade is slowly becoming the popular destinations to visit in Europe among teenagers especially. With the old architecture of the city buildings and a lot of bars and street side cafes, Belgrade is one such place you must visit. Also, the city boasts Beogradska Tvrdava, which is the historical fortress representing the city’s part in Europe's history.
In the end, Europe has it all when it comes to planning a vacation. Do not forget to check the tour packages before planning your trip and keeping in your mind the above places to make the most out of your vacation to Europe.